Today, we are blogging about the books that other bloggers inspired us to buy and read. This is actually a hard question because I haven’t been keeping track! Almost everything I buy or take out from the library these days has been recommended to me by other bloggers. I really need to make a list with notes of who recommended what to me, honestly, or at least where I’d heard about it. I know which books I’ve seen on blogs and which books I’ve seen on, say, LibraryThing, but never just which bloggers are behind it. I blame my memory. Plus, I already made a list of bloggers I love and I don’t want to exclude anyone again!
So I thought I’d go back for a bit and instead list the books that I absolutely loved and would never have discovered without this awesome world of book bloggers. If you’re reading this and you reviewed or talked about that book, then I can almost guarantee you inspired me to read it at least in part.
- The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Wicked Lovely, Ink Exchange, and Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
- Nothing but Ghosts by Beth Kephart
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
- The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
- The Southern Vampire mysteries by Charlaine Harris
- The Thorn Birds, Colleen McCullough
- Possession, A.S. Byatt
- Old Man’s War, The Ghost Brigades, The Last Colony and Zoe’s Tale by John Scalzi
- The first 2 vols. of Bone by Jeff Smith
And that’s just books I loved, that I’d read again tomorrow, that I’ve acquired on my own in some way, since April/May. It doesn’t include the 370 unread books I have, 3/4 of which I’ve acquired since I officially got involved in June 2008. It also doesn’t include any ARCs. Thank you, book bloggers!
What books have you discovered thanks to book blogging?