I’m willing to admit that I was a little surprised when the Book Blogger Appreciation Week shortlists came out because I thought they were missing a ton of amazing blogs that I love.* I obviously can’t share all of these blogs with you because we’d be here all day. After all, I have over 300 blogs in my Google Reader, and I love them all or I wouldn’t be reading them. You are all my favorites. I do, however, want to recognize a few bloggers from a variety of genres who make my day a little brighter every time they post.
- Devourer of Books – Jen’s was one of the first blogs I started reading way back in the day. Our tastes are so similar that I know that if she likes a book, I’m going to like it too, which is a fabulous gift. Sometimes I feel like we use the same theme for a reason!
- The Burton Review – Marie and I are shortly going to be sharing the same last name (no relation though), so how could we not love each other’s blogs? I discovered her blog a few months ago and just can’t get enough. And she loves history too! I’m only sorry I didn’t find her sooner.
- Heidenkind’s Hideaway – Tasha is one of the friendliest bloggers I’ve ever met and I have loved practically every feature she introduces! I also love her honest reviews and the versatility of her blog. Museums, art history, regular old books; you’ll find it here.
- Literate Housewife – Jennifer is another blogger I have been following since I found book blogs, and there is a reason. She’s a wonderful writer AND she makes the cutest bookmarks ever. What more could you want?
- Love Romance Passion – I just featured Keira on my blog yesterday and with good reason. I love her blog. She’s always bringing up great issues in romance, featuring other bloggers and authors, hosting great interviews, and telling it like it is with her reviews. She’s incredibly friendly and helpful, too.
- Passages to the Past – Amy is a fantastic historical fiction blogger. She reviews the most interesting releases and always points me in the direction of great books I want to read. I can’t tell you how much my wishlist has grown thanks to her.
- Stella Matutina – I am so pleased that I’ve been following Memory’s blog since it first started. I love her style of reviewing! She also reads a lot of fantasy and I really need to read more fantasy these days. Her blog is where I get all my dangerous ideas!
I encourage you to visit all of these blogs if you haven’t already! Don’t forget to take this opportunity to recognize your own favorite blogs who, for whatever reason, didn’t make the short list. I’m sorry I couldn’t include everyone, but if you’re reading this, I bet I love your blog too!
*Many of my favorites DID make the short lists, but they’re getting recognition!