I think this is a great idea and I’m happy to have a new way to remember Dewey as I’m going about my reading. The rules:
There are two ways to join this challenge:
1. Pick one book from each of the 6 years that Dewey has archives of. You can access her archives by clicking on the archive link in the sidebar of her website. It’s a dropdown menu. For instance, you would read one book that she reviewed in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 for a total of six books.
2. The other option is to read 5 books that Dewey reviewed. These can be from any year and I’m guessing that each of us has at least 5 books on our TBR list because of Dewey!
And the rules:
1. Choose either option 1 or 2 from above.
2. Commit to read your books (either 5 or 6 depending on which option you choose) throughout 2009. The challenge will end on December 31, 2009 but we’ll go ahead and unofficially start it right away! We’ll officially start it on January 1st, 2009.
3. Check back to this page often as I’ll put up Mr. Linky’s for reviews and I’ll mention prize giveaways!
I am choosing to do option one; here’s what I’ve chosen with a link to Dewey’s review:
- 2003: The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen – Dewey’s review
- 2004: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold – Dewey’s review
- 2005: Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood – Dewey’s review
- 2006: Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon – Dewey’s review – I intend to read the 2nd in the series
- 2007: Three Junes by Julia Glass – Dewey’s review
- 2008: People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks – Dewey’s review
I’m not doing very well with challenges, but I think I will be able to do this one.