I’m pretty impressed that I’ve managed to stay up this late! I’ve finished three books now. A Long Way Down took me a bit longer than it should have, but mainly because I took a break to stretch and eat some cheese and crackers and forgot to note it. Silly me! I’m also reading quite slowly as I think my husband is feeling the pinch and keeps talking to me, which definitely slows things down, but I think I’ll forgive him.
I still haven’t participated in any of the mini-challenges and I’m not sure I’m going to! I’m enjoying just reading and to be honest, I’m not really looking to win any books. I’m trying to cut down on my TBR pile, not add to it, although I wouldn’t protest if I got lucky.
My next book will be Neither Here Nor There by Bill Bryson. I’m switching between fiction and non-fiction and while it’s made me read a bit less, I think it’s a nice change from the usual overdose of lighter fiction books I choose for the Read-a-thon. Anyway, here’s how I’m doing:
Number of Books Read: 3
Pages Read: 624
Time Spent Reading: 8:08
Time Spent Blogging: 1:58
Ooh, I nearly missed the mid-event survey!
1. What are you reading right now?
I’m just about to start Neither Here Nor There by Bill Bryson
2. How many books have you read so far?
3 so far.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I think this one, actually; I really like Bill Bryson and I’ve saved this one for a month or so now.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
No, I just didn’t make any plans!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Yes, I have had a few interruptions, and mostly I’ve just rolled with them. Luckily they haven’t lasted too long, so I’ve been able to get back to reading.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Not too much really, I’m just surprised I’m still awake. I’ve been asleep at this time in the first three, I’m pretty sure. I’m not good at staying up.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Nothing yet; I might make more concrete plans in terms of meals and snacks like others do, but I just wasn’t organized this time around.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
I am, but hopefully I can still read a bit before dropping off.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I don’t right now, but if or when I do I will share. =)
How’s everyone else doing now? Still good I hope!