This is my first time joining one of Carl’s challenges at Stainless Steel Droppings and I’m very excited! I’ve seen a lot of people having a ton of fun with them and I finally decided to forget the fact that I fail at challenges and join in.
The R(eaders) I(mbibing) P(eril) challenge invites us to read scary books between September 1st and October 31st from a variety of genres. I’m planning on doing Peril the First, which challenges me to read 4 books between now and then. I suspect the next 24 hour Read-a-Thon towards the end of October will help a lot if I participate. I’d like to but it’s the weekend after our wedding, so we might be off somewhere instead!
My pool is gleaned from my TBR pile and extensive perusal of others’ lists, since I’ve never chosen books for this challenge before!
- Mistress of the Art of Death, Ariana Franklin
- The Strain, Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan
- Fragile Eternity, Melissa Marr
- Vampire Academy, Richelle Mead
- The Maze Runner, James Dashner
- The Road, Cormac McCarthy
- The Angel’s Game, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- An Instance of the Fingerpost, Iain Pears
I think that’s a good list to start! I’ve gone with only books I currently own for now. I reserve the right to switch it up with an exciting library book, but since I’m changing libraries in a couple of weeks I’m going to wait until I can browse in my new one. Anyone want to suggest which book I should start with on September 1st?