I’ll be honest – I’m not actually the world’s biggest fan of Halloween or scary books. I don’t mind a creepy book every now and again, though, and so I’m happy to sign up to join in this awesome challenge. My pool is tiny this year because I have even fewer creepy books than last year about, and I’m supposed to not buy any more this month!
- Mistress of the Art of Death, Ariana Franklin
- The Road, Cormac McCarthy
- Her Fearful Symmetry, Audrey Niffeneger
- Dark and Stormy Knights, P.N. Elrod et al
- Glass Houses, Rachel Caine
- The Alienist, Caleb Carr
- Mr Darcy, Vampyre, Amanda Grange
- The Snowman, Jo Nesbo
- The Monstrumologist: The Terror Beneath, Rick Yancey
If I can get my hands on a copy, I’d also like to read We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson. If you can recommend any creepy books (which I haven’t already reviewed), please do! My list feels sad in comparison to a few of the great ones I’ve seen out there.
Are you participating in RIP V?