Amazingly, I read the exact same number of books in May as I did in April, which is 27. I’m extremely pleased with that, especially because I’ve signed up to read 30 books in June with Shauna for the Summer Reading Blitz. That’s only 3 more than I read this month, so if I stay on track with my dissertation, it’s a distinct possibility.
92. The English Patient – Michael Ondaatje
93. The Last Prince of the Mexican Empire – C. M. Mayo
94. Welcome to Temptation – Jennifer Crusie
95. The Well of Lost Plots – Jasper Fforde
96. The World in Half – Cristina Henriquez
97. The Vampire of Ropraz – Jacques Chessex
98. House of Leaves – Mark Z. Danielewski
99. The Founding – Cynthia Harrod-Eagles
100. Simply Unforgettable – Mary Balogh
101. The Reincarnationist – M.J. Rose
102. Silk – Alessandro Baricco
103. The Convenient Marriage – Georgette Heyer
104. Atlas of Unknowns – Tania James
105. The Ghost Brigades – John Scalzi
106. Undead and Unwelcome – MaryJanice Davidson
107. Starfinder – John Marco
108. The Bridge of the Golden Horn – Emine Sevgi Ozdamar
109. Moon Called – Patricia Briggs
110. Warrior Daughter – Janet Paisley
111. Shanghai Girls – Lisa See
112. Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict – Laurie Viera Rigler
113. Fugitive Pieces – Anne Michaels
114. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane – Katherine Howe
115. Tethered – Amy MacKinnon
116. Simply Love – Mary Balogh
117. Beauty – Robin McKinley
118. Love Walked In – Marisa de los Santos
As you can see from the distinctly sparse number of links up there, most of these books have not been reviewed yet. The reviews have mostly been written and are waiting to be posted. I have a truly ridiculous backlog of reviews because I read so fast. I haven’t yet graduated to posting a review a day, but I’m almost there. My blog can at this point run without me for about a month. Logically, I’m not really expecting to slow down until I get married in October, at which point I will probably be grateful for the backlog!
At least, I think. It’s so hard to choose!
As far as my TBR pile goes, I read 20 of my own books this month and I acquired 15, so I cleared a total of 5. Not as good as last month; we’ll see how this one goes!
Did you read any fantastic books last month?