Yesterday, a few book bloggers and I were lamenting our lack of books and fun from not attending BEA this weekend. (I hope you are all having fun there!) With that in mind, we all realized that we’d saved money on travel expenses and could purchase a few books instead! Jen has put up a post over at Devourer of Books explaining a little more and for you to sign up if you can’t attend BEA but decide to acquire a few books this weekend anyway. If you’re looking for some socializing with those of us who are sitting at home, you can also catch the BEA Twitty Party happening on Twitter, and all the info is located with the wonderful creator of the event, Rebecca, at The Book Lady’s Blog.
I was lucky, I had a library sale starting today. This is what I found:
- Split Ends by Zoe Barnes
- Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie
- Astonishing Splashes of Colour by Claire Morall
- The Story of Henry Sugar and other short stories by Roald Dahl
- The Book of Atrix Wolf by Patricia McKillip
- Arlington Park by Rachel Cusk
- Villette by Charlotte Bronte
- The Rival Queens by Fidelis Morgan
- The Conjurer’s Bird by Martin Davies
- The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette by Carolly Erickson
None of these were really ultra wishlist, dying-to-read books, except Villette, but I do think they look good. Since a whole bag was a fixed price of £3.50, it only hurt my TBR pile, not my wallet. Now I just have to read all of these and five more before my Borders order comes so I can get my TBR pile back where it was this morning!