This one extends over two weeks. Since I’m almost at my limit of 20 books at the library, I can usually only get out as many as I’m returning. I try to keep it to 18 or 19 so that I can get any holds which come in at bad times. Each week, then, I get about 3-4, so in two weeks I’ve amassed enough to justify another post! I think I’ve taken out some good ones these last two trips. Here they are:
- Guilty Pleasures, Laurell K. Hamilton. I don’t know why I picked this one up. I know the series deteriorates massively over the last few volumes. I guess I just wanted to see all the fuss about the Anita Blake series for myself, plus the library rarely has the first volume of a series staring me in the face like that, so I took it.
- Unnatural Fire, Fidelis Morgan. I picked up the second book in this series at the library book sale so I thought I would take out the first and make sure I hadn’t missed anything.
- The Luxe, Anna Godbersen. I’m going to go ahead and blame Beth Fish for this here. She posted about it and I, like the good sheep that I am, put it on reserve. This is a series that the library does not continue, so if I like it, I’ll have to buy the rest.
- To Catch an Heiress, Julia Quinn. My quest to read Quinn’s backlist continues.
- Slightly Sinful, Mary Balogh. I recently welcomed Mary Balogh to my favorites list and this is the one my mom couldn’t find at our favorite charity bookstore.
- The Cellist of Sarajevo, Steven Galloway. Thanks to Gautami Tripathy, I almost bought this one at Sainsbury’s, but then decided to wait and got it out of the library instead. I’m trying to acquire fewer “cheap” books so I can buy more expensive hardcovers and support the authors. Also, someone told me that in the UK, authors get paid royalties for me checking books out, so that sounds pretty good to me.
- The Great Cow Race, Bone vol. 2, Jeff Smith. I actually got vol. 1 last week but read and returned it already. I can also lay this one at the door of Beth Fish Reads! Nymeth gets credit for finally pushing me over the edge though. I’ve actually already read this and might stop in for vol. 3 tomorrow. My library only has up to 5, so I’m not sure what I will do afterwards.