After much deliberation, I decided to join the 24 hour Read-A-Thon, which is beginning this Saturday at 12 pm GMT! It looked like so much fun last time and I could clear out my schedule this weekend, so I’m all for it. I will admit that I am completely incapable of staying up for 24 hours, so I will probably be falling asleep into my book at some point, but I’m going to do my best to read as much as possible, and I’ll keep you all updated on my progress here at Medieval Bookworm.
Some of the books I’m thinking about reading:
- The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham
- Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safron Foer
- The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn
- Hotel du Lac by Anita Brookner
- and anything else that is short and quick!
Not sure what the Read-a-Thon is? Well, it’s hosted by Dewey at The Hidden Side of a Leaf and you can check out the FAQs here. Thanks Dewey! You can sign up right here if you’re interested. You don’t have to read; you can also sign up to be a cheerleader.