Final update before I begin! Here is the final stack, plus some snacks.
- Carry On, Jeeves, P.J. Wodehouse – Always wanted to try one of these and I just got it from the library this morning, so I figured I’d toss it in!
- Smoke and Mirrors, Neil Gaiman – I like Neil Gaiman and I didn’t have any short stories, so this is another library pick.
- Magic Bites, Ilona Andrews – This is supposed to be great urban fantasy, never enough of that.
- Scandal in Spring, Lisa Kleypas – Last in the Wallflower quartet – not the best, but entertaining enough.
- Hunting Ground, Patricia Briggs – Next in the Alpha and Omega series, I believe I am starting with this!
The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, & The Titan’s Curse, all by Rick Riordan, light YA that I’m hoping will speed by.
The Thief, The Queen of Attolia, & The King of Attolia, Megan Whalen Turner – I am so excited for these YA fantasies and I know I’d like to read them all in a row, so we’ll see if I fit them in.
- Heart’s Blood, Juliet Marillier – adult fantasy that I know will completely absorb me, essential in the read-a-thon.
- Me Talk Pretty One Day, David Sedaris – humor. I think I’m saving this for the early hours, if I read it.
- Compromised, Kate Noble – Another romance, something I know will absorb me and help me stay up later.
- Much Ado About You, Eloisa James – see above.
- Dead as a Doornail, Charlaine Harris – this might be number two, if I think I can switch urban fantasy worlds.
And that’s a grand total of 16 books! No way I can read all of them, but I’ll have plenty of choice. Keith is starting his game-a-thon with Tomb Raider, in case anyone is interested, and he wants to get all the way through TRI and start II. I don’t know if we’re going to stay up 24 hours. We’re going to try though! We have all our snacks ready and have had lunch, so we are all set to go.
Good luck everyone!!