|Number of Books||5||Books Read||Old Man’s War|
|Pages Read||1399||Dead Until Dark|
|Time Spent Reading||9:21||The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever|
|Time Spent Blogging||2:53||Living Dead in Dallas|
1. What are you reading right now?
Halfway through Oakleaf Bearers by John Flanagan. I think this has a different name outside the UK. It’s the fourth in the Ranger’s Apprentice series.
2. How many books have you read so far?
4 total. This is my fifth.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I’m not sure I’m going to get through another book! I don’t know which one I’ll pick, either. I just stood in front of my bookshelves for a while, having shunned my pile, before I chose this one. I might go for the short stories in Tea and Other Ayama Na Tales next if I haven’t fallen asleep when I finish this book. I’m sure I’ll be up before 1 tomorrow, though, and I’m not sure what I’ll choose then.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really. I just had to do extra work ahead of time. Keith wasn’t meant to visit this weekend anyway.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
My parents called a couple of times, but that’s it. I’ve been hiding in my room all day.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Hmm, I’m not sure. It’s about how I’d expected it to be. I think I was expecting to go on twitter more, and I’m finding myself too tired to focus on it. I know, I’m a little wimpy, it’s only 2:30 am!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope, it’s going pretty well so far I think.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
We’ll be married by the next time, if one is held in October, and I think what I will like is having someone else prepare and buy me food! Assuming he is willing.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Oh, you’d better believe it. I’m not a late night person these days.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Not really! I’ve picked books that for the most part are very absorbing, so I’m not having all that much trouble focusing on them, just keeping my eyes open for it.
Thanks again for the support, everyone. I’m too tired to check up on people at this stage, but I’ll either get a second wind or be back to see how everyone’s doing after a nap.