Popular this month on LT: Do you look at this list? Do you get ideas on what to read from it?
Have you read any of the books on the list right now? Feel free to link to any reviews you’ve done as well.
Here’s the list:
1. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
2. Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron
3. Nation by Terry Pratchett
4. Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
5. Anathem by Neal Stephenson
6. American Wife: A Novel by Curtis Sittenfeld
7. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
8. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle: A Novel by David Wroblewski
9. Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3) by Stephenie Meyer
10. Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland
So, I’ve read and reviewed four of them. Three of those were ARCs, at least one of which I would probably not have picked up anytime soon on my own. I actually bought Guernsey and it’s currently my favorite book of the year. Of the rest, I’d like to read Dewey and possibly The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, but that’s about it. As many others have said before me, I don’t use this list for anything except to look at as interesting. I don’t follow bestseller lists of any kind either. I mostly read what I’d like to read. If it’s on the bestseller list, that’s okay; if no one has ever heard of it, that’s okay too. I pick up recommendations from other bloggers and LT mainly, although I am more inclined to pick something up if it’s won an award. I seem to do this no matter how often I detest award winners because some are just so good that they are worth the duds.
ETA: Unrelated to Tuesday Thingers, I have just installed a new spam-catcher for WordPress. My spam volume has increased to ridiculous amounts lately and I can’t stand wading through it (it’s of the extremely vulgar type) to find new commenters; I’ll go somewhere and come back an hour later to 15 spam comments. So I’ve got an autocatcher on now and I’m not sure how well it will work, so if your comment has not shown up in a day or so, it may have been miscategorized. I’ll still monitor for new comments; once you’ve commented and it’s shown up, you will never have to be moderated again. Just a heads-up!
Do any of you get ridiculous amounts of spam, or is it just me?