The first month of 2011 is already past us – it’s certainly hard for me to believe! Wasn’t it just Christmas?? We only just took our tree down and I have to say, without holiday cheeriness it’s difficult to take the cold winter. I’m already set for spring yet have months to go.
My reading this month has been pretty good! I read 20 books in the month of January. I had a week off to visit my parents, plus a couple of days at the New Year, so I managed to fit in plenty of reading time. I hope I’ve set a good course for the year ahead. This year I’ve decided to simplify my wrap-ups by splitting books into just fiction and non-fiction. I’m aiming for a more even balance anyway, and classifying gets more difficult by the day!
- Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
- Looking for Alaska, John Green
- Last Sacrifice, Richelle Mead
- A Reliable Wife, Robert Goolrick
- The Raising, Laura Kasischke
- Something Missing, Matthew Dicks
- The Lady Most Likely, Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, and Connie Brockway
- The Queen of Last Hopes, Susan Higginbotham
- Fall for Anything, Courtney Summers
- You Know When the Men are Gone, Siobhan Fallon
- The Oracle of Stamboul, Michael David Lukas
- The Nobodies Album, Carolyn Parkhurst
- Tempt Me at Twilight, Lisa Kleypas
- Married by Morning, Lisa Kleypas
- The Fallen Blade, Jon Courtenay Grimwood
- Notes from a Small Island, Bill Bryson
- Packing for Mars, Mary Roach
- The Heroine’s Bookshelf, Erin Blakemore
- American Rose, Karen Abbott
- Lost and Found in Russia, Susan Richards
I can’t choose a favorite this month – I read too many fantastic books! I wholeheartedly recommend Packing for Mars, The Heroine’s Bookshelf, Notes from a Small Island, American Rose, Looking for Alaska, The Raising, Fall for Anything, and You Know When the Men are Gone.
How was your reading month?
I am an Amazon Associate. Some of these books were sent to me for review.