I read a lot in March. The first half of the month my reading was a direct response to stress. I didn’t do as well as I’d hoped on my first essay, so a lot rested on my second essay. At some point in the middle of writing that, I decided to take an indefinite break from academia when my MA is over in September, but I still stressed about it, so when I took breaks, I read candy fiction. Numbers correspond to overall books read this year.
41. Mr. Impossible – Loretta Chase
42. Watchmen – Alan Moore
43. Desperate Duchesses – Eloisa James
44. Etta – Gerard Kolpan
45. The Apothecary Rose – Candace Robb
46. Silent in the Sanctuary – Deanna Raybourn
47. It’s In His Kiss – Julia Quinn
48. The Eight – Katherine Neville
49. Lady Anne and the Howl in the Dark – Donna Lea Simpson
50. Silent on the Moor – Deanna Raybourn
51. Duchess by Night – Eloisa James
52. New Moon – Stephenie Meyer
53. Kitty and the Midnight Hour – Carrie Vaughn
54. Kitty Goes to Washington – Carrie Vaughn
55. Kitty Takes a Holiday – Carrie Vaughn
56. Kitty and the Silver Bullet – Carrie Vaughn
57. Kitty and the Dead Man’s Hand – Carrie Vaughn
58. Kitty Raises Hell – Carrie Vaughn
59. A Duke to Die For – Amelia Grey
60. Moonheart – Charles de Lint
61. Pemberley Manor – Kathryn L. Nelson
62. The Tory Widow – Christine Blevins
63. Serendipity – Louise Shaffer
64. Eclipse – Stephenie Meyer
That’s an astonishing 24 books, when my monthly highest was last July’s 25 since I started keeping track. I’m very pleased! I had no idea I’d read that many until I just counted them up for this post.
My favorites this month were unquestionably Silent in the Sanctuary and Silent On The Moor by Deanna Raybourn. Just thinking about them makes me want to read them again. I also just loved Serendipity by Louise Shaffer, which will be reviewed soon on this blog. Finally, I enjoyed the six Kitty Norville books so much that I went out and bought the start of another similar series, Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris, and I have my eye on Moon Called by Patricia Briggs, for the next time I feel like buying new. Any suggestions would be very welcome!
I had a fabulous reading month! How was yours?