It’s May! The sun is out, flowers are blooming, and it’s warm! Despite some family problems that cropped up in April, these things make me feel more positive. It would be nicer for the weather to go above 60 degrees one of these days, but I’ve learned to take what I can get here.
I also like reading and, fortunately, I’ve been doing a lot of that. I read 12 books this month:
- Fudoki, Kij Johnson
- With This Kiss, Eloisa James
- Widow’s Web, Jennifer Estep
- Seraphina, Rachel Hartman
- Steel’s Edge, Ilona Andrews
- Any Duchess Will Do, Tessa Dare
- The Crane Wife, Patrick Ness
- Dark Currents, Jacqueline Carey
- Rivers of London, Ben Aaronovitch
- Charmed Life, Diana Wynne Jones
- Midnight Blue-Light Special, Seanan McGuire
- Catherine the Great, Robert K. Massie
Favorite of the Month
Amazingly, the two books I loved, I managed to review! I’m going to move more in this direction in the future and do more currently reading style posts. I want to make this blog chattier and more fun, at least for me, and I think that might be the way to do it!
In May, I’m going to carry on with re-reading A Song of Ice and Fire and read more non-fiction I hope! What’s ahead for you this month?