Happy June everyone! I love this time of year, especially when we actually get nice weather. It was glorious and sunny over one recent weekend and as such I’ve really been in the mood for summer, even though functionally summer is the same as winter for me. Still, there’s something about sunlight until nearly 10 pm that makes me feel like the days are longer and I have more of a life outside of work.
May was not the world’s most spectacular reading month, for me – I read 10 books. As I briefly mentioned in a post last week, I’ve spent a slightly ridiculous amount of time playing Crusader Kings II. I thought I’d write more reviews when I got my own PC – instead I’ve been gaming!
Here’s what I read:
- The Governess Affair, Courtney Milan
- Everything Beautiful Began After, Simon Van Booy
- Code Name Verity, Elizabeth Wein
- The Girl King, Meg Clothier
- Embassytown, China Mieville
- The Queen’s Man, Sharon Kay Penman
- Scandal Wears Satin, Loretta Chase
- Sworn Sword, James Aitcheson
Favourite of the Month
I haven’t even managed to write a review for this book yet – I’m not sure how I will, in fact, especially when others have reviewed it so much better than I can. But let me tell you, you should read it, and I will soon tell you why I think so.
Have a wonderful month and a great start to summer!